My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a recent college graduate trying to make something of my life, and my art degree. I am currently working at a coffee shop in Uptown, Minneapolis.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Where is she now?

Hey Guys!

So I hear that people were wondering what I was up to, during these inagural weeks at college. To say that I was having a good time would be an understatement. It was such a shock to be able to talk to people, and have them understand not only my vocabulary, but my shockingly bad puns, and references to indie movies and British comedy. I was originally taking 18 credits this semester, until I realized that I actually enjoyed food and sleep; you know, life's little frills. : ) I am taking four classes - Music Theory (very, very, hard) Ear Training, (Not so hard, except for the singing in solfage part) Painting Studio (Yes, it is a real class, with homework, and it happens to be 4 1/2 hours long) and
Paideia (A mix of History, Philosophy, and English - very liberal arts.) I am participating in Chamber Orchestra. We are working on Beethoven's 8th, Some Mozart thingie, and another random tune which hasn't been given to the French Horns yet. Anyway, music has become very competitive for me. I am once again an upstart Freshman who must prove herself to the upper-classmen. It's going to be a good time in the music department, I am sure. Some other Shenanigans that I am involved in include Christian Democrats, Swing (dancing) club, Student Activities Council (Concert division - I get to work the Bravery YES, THE BRAVERY concert, Oct. 7) and the Asian American club. I got conned into it by a friend of mine. Anyway, I get free Moon Cakes, and Japanese bean candy. I'm doing my work study at Marty's (Short for Martin Luther) cafe. Their slogan is "A Reformation in Relaxation." I got a kick out of it. Anyway, I really love college, it is soooooo much better than high school, and it is also nice that people are finally realizing how awesome I am. I joined a group on Facebook (basically a network for college students) called, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me." People like all of you wonderful people who are going to read my blog! I bet you're reading this now! Read, read, read....Alright, sorry about that...I;m a little tired at the moment. But this is what I'm up to; I'll probably update every three days or so. So keep on your toes, people! You never know when I'll decide to study! Or eat a sandwich! College life is crazy, you know.

TTFN! Anneliese

P.S. "TofuPrincess" didn't happen to be a taken name. Plus, I really like tofu. It's like, my thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home