My Photo
Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am a recent college graduate trying to make something of my life, and my art degree. I am currently working at a coffee shop in Uptown, Minneapolis.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

If Beauty is only skin deep, then there must be no such thing as Ugliness

Hello,

All brave souls who decide to enter this convoluted and confusing worls that is my blog site. Snot many people ,ive to tel the tale; (or at least a cohesive one). I just went to see the Ahn Trio tonight. They are three sisters who all went to Juliard, and play piano, cello, and violin, respectively. They were absolutly amazing. They played mostly contemporary music - the sounds that they can get out of those instuments is nothing short of amazing. Their performance has inspired me to sent my children off to Suzuki violin lessons from the moment that they can walk.

Everyone may join in my little celebration; I have vanquished the cubicle-dwelling, file-munching monster! I am now a full-time student, WITH a co-curricular activity fee to her name. (In case you missed my previous rant, the college messed up both my credits and my activity fee.) I took those ladies to town, yes I did! I said, "no, I am NOT a part-time student, and yes, I do want my financial aid if you don't mind!" Or something like that.

On a lighter note, the fire alarm in Ylvisaker (Il-vuh-soccer) has gone off at least six times. My fellow students have banded together to form a new on-line messege board; "Let me burn alive, I'd rather sleep!" Seeing as how the fire alarm noise is now like a beeping alarm clock - people just don't wake up for it.

Oh yes, I have wrangled myself a ride to Decorah Covenant Church on Sunday. Just in case all of you were wondering how little 'ol me was doing in traditional Lutheran services.

Another point of interest: The flat-rate meal charge for dinner at Luther is $6.50. Now, I was thinking to myself, how do I eat $6.50 worth of food? I usually have cereal for dinner. (That's right, folks, even in the culinary paradise know as the Luther Cafeteria, I STILL eat ceral 2-3 times a day.) And then it hit me! Why not do my grocery-shopping in the cafeteria? I bought 4 yogurts at Fairway, ate the contents, cleaned them, and refilled them with Caf yogurt. I also colected an entire box's worth of mini wheats from the cereal bar. I hijacked an entire bottle of soymilk, 7 apples, a bottle of diet Coke, and a bottle of Crystal Light, and a muffin. My next goal is to safely transport a salad....or maybe an entire loaf of bread. Hmm...the choices spread out before me....

On Friday, September 30th, I will try to find myself a ride up to Carlton/St. Olaf. There is a weekend-long Swing Dancing Symposium going on. (I am only staying for the Friday night swing dance) I am going through the Luther College Swing Club. And for all who are curious, I can now Lindy Hop, Cuddle, Dip, and do the 'ol Eastcoast swing. It's lotsa' fun, and we get really sweaty at practice.

By the way, Dad, thank you ever-so-much for the CD's. I have also added every The Cure CD to my collection, as well as The Bravery, The Ahn Trio, and Ben Folds Five. (Dad, Ben Folds will change your life, I promise. He's like The Ramones meet Billy Joel.) ; )

Weeeeellllll......That's about it for me. I think that my roommate wants to sleep now. Everyone stay warm and safe, and remeber, it's only a Chicago Style Dog in Chicago!


XOXOXOX - Anneliese Tiessen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home